Setting up with Empties Please is a great way to focus on the Waste Topic – involving the whole school and raising funds for other eco-projects at the same time. Head to the Empties Please schools page to enter their current competition – where they’re giving away 100 printers for Eco-Schools who get involved!
Did you know:
- More than 40 million inkjet cartridges are dumped each year in the UK
- More than 1.1 billion inkjet cartridges are used around the world each year – laid end to end these would be 129 times as long as the Great Wall Of China!
- If you put your used cartridges in the bin they will take 1000 years to decompose
- Industry analysts estimate a used cartridge can be reused up to 7 times
Empties Please specialise in recycling used printer cartridges – perfect for our Waste topic. Their aim is to help schools raise funds and to encourage the next generation to get greener! They promise to collect your used printer cartridges and donate the money you raise straight back to your school.
Over 2,000 schools, businesses and charities recycle with Empties Please every single year, resulting in over £130,000 fundraised from their used printer cartridges – a phenomenal amount which has been used for extra resources in school or given to local charities.
Cartridges can be collected from anywhere – school, home, work, clubs, friends and family.
If any parents, governors or supporters of your school would like to display a recycle bin on your behalf, Empties Please can supply a pack for them to do so. This is a great way of boosting the money you raise as a school. You could even ask local businesses to display a bin for you!
Recycling with Empties Please is simple and fun for your school!
- Set up an account http://www.emptiesplease.com/schools-contact-form/
- You will be sent a recycle bin, recycle bags for your pupils and a welcome pack, all free of charge!
- Display your downloadable posters, spread the word via social media, newsletters, school website and your Eco-Schools notice board
- Collect all the cartridges you can from home, school, clubs, businesses
- Contact Empties Please when your bin is full and they’ll collect it http://www.emptiesplease.com/recycle-bin-collection-request/
- Request a brand new recycle bin http://www.emptiesplease.com/recycle-bin-request/
- Your bin is processed at the Empties Please warehouse
- Empties Please pay you for the cartridges they can recycle!
Contact Empties Please
You can find a greener version of pretty much everything your school uses; pencils, carpets, uniforms, energy. Here you can investigate how you can ‘green’ your schoolInteractive Eco-School